Wednesday 10 October 2012

Two down....

....two to go!

Yesterday Daddy and I visited two of the local schools that Jamie could attend when he starts school this time next year.  The first school we visited was the only school of the four we have chosen to visit that doesn't have an open day, so we had arranged a tour with the headmistress.  As Jamie was not in nursery we took him with us. 

This school was the primary school I attended throughout my junior years.  It is also the school that 'the girls' go / went to.  Had much changed in 30ish years?  It has been extended and did look very different as classrooms have changed, the library has moved, and there is no longer a dedicated canteen.  That is now the room where Jamie would start next year.   What did I think?  Wasn't quite sure at the time, but Daddy thought it looked 'scruffy'.

However, a couple of hours later and Nana arrived to look after Jamie for just over half an hour while we visited another school. This time as part of an open evening.  This school certainly helped us make up our minds about the first!  There was no comparison.  I was very impressed with the way the headmistress greeted us all individually (she recognised me from Park Nursery) and we were shown around by one of the year 6 pupils.  All the children we met seemed very well behaved and happy, and the teachers also seemed happy.  I was really impressed with what I saw in the ICT suite and the teacher who we spoke to there.

This school is the school that Jamie's cousin currently attends as well as a few other friends children.  They all seem to love it and it has done wonders with Alannah!

We have two more open days next Wednesday.  After which we will need to make a decision.....

1 comment:

Leah W-W said...

Go for the second school - that's where I went! (and where my Mum works, as I think you know)