Friday 26 October 2012

Primary School Decision Changed??

Oh no, still confused..... 

I am honestly having sleepless nights.  I have been waking in the night with thoughts of schools and Jamie's little face next to mine (but that's because he is still in our bed!)

For a couple of days following my last entry regarding our school decision http://grumpymumtobe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/primary-school-decision-made.html  I was happy.  Then daddy started to put doubts into my mind.....

Consequently, we have decided to go back to the second (bigger) school on the list and have booked an appointment to take Jamie around next Tuesday.  I went out with a friend this week whose two children already go there and I was impressed at what she had to say.  I also know that she thought long and hard about where she was going to send them and visited more schools that we have so far.  And I keep going back to the 'feeling' I had from that school on the open evening.....

Perhaps the small, friendly school is too small and could get unfriendly very quickly.  The more I think about the parents that were helping out that day, the more I wonder whether we would really fit in and if we don't what happens then?  A few people have mentioned to me that they thought the school was a bit 'snobby' and one parent with her children already there said it could be a bit 'clicky'.

I also wonder that with a small school, Jamie could end up being singled out for something and having that tag all the way through school.....

Also, is it good that two (small) year groups are taught together, with a total of only 5 classes in the whole school.   At least at the bigger school if classes are merged it is because of ability rather than necessity! 

And don't get me started on the Ofsted results.  Yes, I have checked them for all the local schools so I do know how they all compare with each other.  It's just another factor to get confused about.  Just going for a long lie down in a dark room.

No comments: