Sunday 19 February 2012

How long does it take to get back to "Normal"?

Recently I went for an interview and although I did not get the job I went along afterwards for some feedback on how I did. For some reason we got chatting about Jamie. I was asked how old he was and when I replied "nearly three" the response was "I have been told it takes 5 years for you to return to normal after having a child". I am still not sure what she exactly meant by this but I put the comment on Facebook and here are a few of the messages I received:

Sorry Jo what a load of tosh, Alex and Daniel will be 8 this year and i don't think I'll be normal again!!!! but that could be a twin thing?

You were never normal...hope this helps ;-)

Not a chance my mum had four kids and she's still mental. Lol

Yeah... Sorry, think the general consensus is right - I don't think you ever get back to 'normal' after having kids, you just settle into a different kind of 'normal'! I think impending middle-age probably has something to do with it too... Ouch..!

I am still waiting - and my baby is 35 years old!!!!!!

No comments: