Friday 24 February 2012

Generous in Love....

Having a sort out today and came along an email from Roderick that was sent to me just after Jamie was born;

Congratulations to you all on having become a family. Many new things will come to you now. One of the most important realisations to have in mind as a crystallised thought (which is ignored far too often and rarely spoken of) is that although your own life gets turned upside down by the arrival of a baby and the demands on your time and energies of a little boy can be very great indeed (which others will readily tell you), the truth is that babies are infinitely more generous in the love and joy they give to those who care for them. You will know love and intimacy in ways that you probably could not ever have imagined as possible.

So enjoy, because another fact is, that babies do not last forever. They grow up much too fast...

I cannot believe that my baby is nearly three. He is at a truly wonderful stage at the moment. Talking, talking, talking and so full of life. I love being with him so much. There are times when I don't love him quite so much - like 6am in the morning after I have got up to have some 'me' time and Jamie wanders in to find out what I am up to and then won't leave me alone! "I want to talk to you mummy." I can't argue with that and feel guilty at getting mad at him for interrupting my 'me' time.

All this means that I am having less time to actually participate in 'me' things, but you know what, I actually prefer being with Jamie than doing some of these 'me' things at the moment.

No comments: