Saturday 30 April 2011

Panic Stations!

Feeling a bit sick at the moment as we have just got back from a trip to the park; mummy, daddy and Jamie. Jamie was climbing to the top of the slide by himself and then he climbed up the slide to the top! I couldn't look at all and hid my face. Another mum came over and was saying how she felt exactly the same - and still does - but she found showing your fear and shouting at them to be careful actually increases the risk of them hurting themselves. She did point out how well Jamie did on the slide; how he was holding on with his hands and using both his legs and arms to help with his climbing, but I am afraid I still cut short our trip as I felt so sick! I did tempt Jamie away with ice cream and chocolate so I don't think he was too disappointed!

As I keep saying, I cannot believe how much Jamie is growing up. He understands so much and has begun to say no end of words. This morning I was amazed he knew 'torch' but of course he knows 'ice cream' and 'chocolate'. He was trying to help daddy mend my bike this morning and he really wanted to get stuck in with the spanners. This meant he ended up covered in oil and stuff but he is learning how to wash and dry his hands at the sink.

He is still sharing our bed and I am sure Karen and Nadine will have something to say about that tonight when we see them for tea. However, Jamie has learnt not to demand milk as soon as he wakes up. He has actually begun to snooze if neither mummy or daddy seem like they are getting up. This was particularly welcome this week with daddy getting up early, as it meant mummy could have a few more hours snooze before she went to work. Saying that, Jamie does like to have a cuddle and a little play in bed before getting up. He especially likes to look at his hands and move them about in front of him. He also likes to be tickled and will just chill in bed without necessarily having the television on straight away.

No comments: