Wednesday 27 January 2010

Life is a Fast Roller Coaster Ride……

….or at least that is how it feels at the moment. The last few weeks have passed in a blur with both highs and lows.

A dear friend, who we have known a long time; who was part of the crowd who we spent New Years Eve with, and we have been on holiday with, killed himself a few weeks ago. It begs the question how well did we really ‘know’ him? He drove his car into a local barn and turn on the engine. It wasn’t a spur of the moment thing. He had obviously planned it. But no note and we were all left asking "Why”.

A few days later it was my birthday. I had organised a cocktail evening at a local restaurant (www.damons.co.uk ) with some of the yummy mummy’s. Sadly two were missing; the wife and the sister-in-law of Allen, and of course people asked where they were, and the story had to be re-told. I still feel a bit numb and on the night of my birthday I didn’t really know what to say to those who had asked what had happened – still don’t really……

For my birthday treat me and Michelle (mother of twins born a few days after Jamie) were treated to a day at Eden Hall (www.edenspa.co.uk/nottinghamshire/). Again, Allen’s sister-in-law should have been with us but didn’t feel up to coming. I cried as I left Jamie with his Nanna. This was the first time that I had left him for a whole day. However, Eden Hall wasn’t actually as far away as I thought it was and we were there in under 30minutes (Michelle drove!!). The day was truly relaxing. I attended a Aerobics class for the first time in about 2 years and really enjoyed it as the music was so motivating. A few days later it wasn’t so great but it was worth it!! We had a swim, a bubble in the hot-tubs and we both had a treatment. I had an Aromatherapy massage which was heavenly. We were so chilled afterwards we just sat in the post treatment room and drifted…… Then we finished the day off with pink champers and strawberries. Happy Birthday!!

In amongst all this I went back to work; which I am really enjoying and of course the money will come in handy to help with my resolutions. The only drawback is the child care which was a nightmare to sort out but so far seems to be – almost – working out. My sister in law has him on a Wednesday afternoon; which is great because he gets to spend time with his cousin Noah and Hannah is brilliant with them both. Nanna has him all day Thursday which they both love. They go to Asda – great now Jamie can sit up in the trolley. Nanna gets to chat to everyone she meets and of course Jamie loves all the attention!! Often she pops to see my auntie and I know they have a play in the afternoon with all the toys Nanna has at her house. I am able to pop back for my dinner, so I get to feed him; which often means I go back to work with lunch and/or sick over me! Friday morning Granddad comes here and stays with Jamie until I have my lunch at 12.30 and then Daddy comes back at 1.30 as he finishes early on a Friday. The one problem we have had so far with childcare – other than the snow the first week – is that my other sister in law turned up last Friday and left her daughter with Granddad while she went off to the hospital. I was mad for a few reasons; a) The reason her daughter was with her was that she was off sick from school; so if she was off sick from school what was she doing bringing her round to give her germs to Jamie? b) I thought it was a bit naughty bringing her here without asking me or her brother. My house has only just become baby proof let along 5 year old proof. And c) I am a bit worried about Jamie being shut out from his time with Granddad…..

No comments: