Friday 4 December 2009

Jamie is now as old as I was pregnant for……

….I know which felt longer!!

Jamie is still teething – they are nearly here (two on the bottom) - but he has also been suffering with a cough and a runny nose, so we have had a few broken nights; but Calpol seems to help!! Today I swear he was just about crawling…..it won’t be long before he has caught up with cousin Lucy. I can’t believe how much he changes from day to day. I swore he grew while he was at Nanna's yesterday!

This week has been slightly manic as I have started wrapping the Christmas presents and de-cluttering the house at the same time. This means there is stuff everywhere but I keep telling myself it is all part of the plan….. As I said previously the house is not exactly baby proof so I have been trying to ‘get rid’ as Uncle Dean would say. My focus was sharpened by Thomas’ (age 2½) visit on Wednesday when he seemed to touch EVERYTHING!!

On Wednesday night, while Granddad was here, I got a few things out of the loft; including the fibre optic Christmas tree. I decided against the large fake tree for the front room due to it taking up too much space, but also because of Jamie and Lucy. Jamie loves the fibre optic tree (just under 3ft) and I have put all his (and Daddy’s pressies) under it. In the Dining Room there are more presents. This time I have gone a bit DIY and sprayed a trig from the garden with fake snow and put a few ornaments on from the Bauble Barn www.doddingtonhall.com/christmastime which we visited with Cousin Lucy a few weeks back!!

Was hoping to get on top of my jobs yesterday while Jamie was at Nanna's, but Kate came to check out what has been happening on FaceBook (its not allowed at their house) and once she had gone I found it very difficult to get anything started as I knew Nanna would not be long bringing Jamie back. Looking at the calendar I/we are very busy up until Christmas so I doubt I am going to have much time for myself. I have however, booked myself in to get my eyelashes and my hair done next week and have been invited to a Virgin Vie party so shouldn’t grumble. And today Daddy is off work to take us shopping – if he ever gets out of bed!!

No comments: