Monday 28 December 2009

How was it for you?

Was that it? All that build up and then it was over so quickly.... What am I talking about? Christmas of course!! Christmas Day we went to Nanna's (my mum) with my brother, his wife and Noah. Daddy stopped en-route at the pub and missed some of the present un-wrapping but made it in time for Christmas Dinner. It was certainly very different from any other Christmas Day I have been involved with previously. Jamie is now pretty proficient with his crawling - still a bit haphazard as to which bits move where, but he can certainly move when he wants to!! Noah has just reached the smiling stage so not too much trouble. Both of them had their 5-10mins of crying during the day and of course there was the constant Nappy changing, but I think they were both very well behaved and had a fabulous first Christmas. We all left about 5pm - Nanna went off to her sisters and my brother was entertaining his wife's family. Daddy went off to see his family but came back within the hour as Nanna Mo was her usual self. I went to bed feeling slightly merry!!

And yes, it was a kinda white Christmas as we had snow last week and there was a lot left on most surfaces. However, a lot of this had turned to ice by Boxing Day which made it difficult for me to collect Nanna from her sisters. For some reason I felt really depressed / 'off it' all day. Was it too much wine, too much turkey or just the sense that it was all over so quickly?

No comments: