Friday 18 December 2009

The Bed(rooms) Too Big Without You

After a rather manic weekend with cousin Lucy's last visit before Christmas and the trips that this entailed, The 'Old Ventures' Christmas Party, the Lincoln Santa Run (2.2miles) and the Baby Signing Christmas Party, Monday night we decided to move Jamie into his own room.

As we left to go to the Christmas Party Saturday night Jamie was in his cot but was crying and I did not want to leave him. After bumping into Auntie Christine's car on the way out (extent of damage still to be reported) I was a nervous wreck by the time I got to the Bentley and I am afraid was a bit of a wet fish all night. When I booked it last year (while pregnant) I thought that it would be a brilliant excuse for a night out - I even booked mum in in December for a babysitter!! But when it came round I didn't want to leave Jamie....

And then on Monday; with the Nursery newly carpeted, we moved the cot and Jamie out of our bedroom and into his own room. To be honest I was more upset about the move than he was, as after only a few minutes of crying he drifted off nicely. Last night (Thursday) he hardly batted an eyelid; Bath, Change, Bed and he was away. The only worry I have now is the cold and so after we turned the heating off as we went to bed, I covered him - and his little hands - with a lovely thick blanket. At 2am this morning I checked on him and (as usual) his hands were showing so I quietly covered them up again.

Forecast is for snow this weekend. Could it be a White Baby's First Christmas?

No comments: