Saturday 1 August 2009

Time flies by....

.....when you are a driver on a train. Or when you are a new mum. Another week has flown by. We did make it to the last baby group on Friday (Jamie is now 12lb 11) and I have organised to go to a few more groups in the next few weeks. Jamie and I spent a couple of evenings in his nursery this week. I sat on the sofa bed that is currently in there and he was in his gym. We listened to a nursery rhyme CD that Nanna had got him. Unfortunately it didn't play that well so I have bought him a couple of new CDs this week and we are having a great time singing along......I think daddy will just have to get used to them!! I really like the Ride a Cock Horse book and CD set by Sarah Williams and Ian Beck.

Fat Club was a bit disappointing this week as I stayed the same. After that I went and made things worse by having a full 3 courses at ASK when I went with 3 other friends for a girly chat on Thursday. I felt a bit scruffy as I have only got a couple of tops that fit and I don't want to buy any more than I have to - especially if I am going to loose the baby weight. I have a full wardrobe of clothes to wear once the weight goes.... They were all mothers and so understood the dilemma. We even agreed to start 'running' and we have booked a night in in a few weeks. One thing for certain is that I must find time to add some exercise to my schedule. This week. I promise!! The only excuse I have is my back and neck which have been seriously playing up this week. I have been given some 'exercises' by the Chiropractor which I keep forgetting to do, and I have been glad I have a wheaty bag which I keep warming up in the microwave!!

I find myself this week being a bit OCD around the house - constantly checking to make sure the rooms are tidy and nothing needs doing. This is not because I have nothing to do. On the contrary I have loads (including the exercise) but I seem to be acting out some form of 'control' over my surroundings. I have had it before but this week I got quite worried about it. I know I need to relax more. Thinking about it now it is probably related to Daddies decision to accept voluntary redundancy and the fact his last day at work will be the 14th August with no job to go to as yet. I know that we will be able to exist for a year or so without his job as he don't have too many outgoings, and I am sure he won't be long before he is back working, but that is probably what is nagging at the back of my mind....

So, this week:
  • Exercise - Walk more / Video / Stepper / Swim......
  • Don't forget Back and Neck exercises.
  • Relax / Think Positive.
  • Quiet Time with Jamie and Nursery Rhymes CD
  • Contact / Visit the SureStart Centre re: Baby Massage / Current Programme.

No comments: