Saturday 29 August 2009

Sink or Swim !!??

Yesterday I took Jamie for his first swim. I was so worried about it and was actually tossing and turning and dreaming about it in the night. I am not sure why I was so nervous - I kept having a vision of me slipping on the tiles while carrying Jamie - but I think in the end it was just the fear of the unknown and the 'first time'. No need for all the worry though (as usual) as he loved it - and so did I. I had bought a massive ring from Mothercare for him and so was able to drag Jamie up and down the pool - so it was exercise for me as well!! (I also bought a pair of trunks in every size in the Coop sale!) The pool that we went to (Free 5 day pass) had what is known as a 'shoreline' which meant we could sit at the shoreline and let the 'waves' come up to us. I think because Jamie has already had a number of baths with both mummy and daddy he was quite relaxed with regard to the water - even when he got splashed he didn't cry - he just looked a bit annoyed!! I was very glad that Karen and Sophie came with us as they are old hands at this (and it also meant I could go to the loo and leave Jamie with them!). The worst bit was after I took him out of the pool and was trying to get him dry. He was obviously cold and hungry, but as soon as we got in the changing room and he was changed, warm and being fed he was back to his usual self!! We shall be swimming again very soon.....

No comments: