Tuesday 7 July 2009

Two years later....

It has been just over two years since I started this blog on the 1st July 2007. Then I was 6weeks pregnant (and feeling very rough) with a baby that I later lost; described as a 'failed abortion' at 13weeks. A few days after being told at my scan that the baby had died at about 5weeks I suffered a miscarriage. Following that I had to wait for an operation to remove an ovarian cyst which they found instead of a baby and was told not to try for a baby during this time. The operation was unsuccessful and I considered suing the hospital trust (I have not fully ruled it out). I was sent for grief counseling and resigned from my job after having so much time off sick.

Then on the 21st September 2008 the blog reported I was 7weeks pregnant. This time we paid for an early scan at 8weeks and a private Nuchal Translucency Scan with Nasal Bone Measurement and associated blood test; which tests for the probability of Downs, Edwards, Pataus and Turners Syndrome. My blog then followed the ups and downs of the pregnancy; midwives, fact finding / information gained from various sources, parent craft classes, pregnancy worries, family dynamics, weight gain, back ache, Christmas with a bump, scans, snoring, nest building, a 40th birthday without alcohol and then finally my waters breaking 6 weeks before my due date!!

I am now the proud mother of a 13week old baby boy - Jamie - born 4th April 2009 - 5weeks early - and am attempting to document the highs and lows of motherhood.

Today I joined www.mumbloggersclub.co.uk/

3 comments:

Perfectly Happy Mum said...

Hello and Welcome to the BMB, it is a great place to hang around with a fab community you will see!
Sounds like you had a real struggle to have that gorgeous baby. Sorry to hear but glad you made it and you are now among us in the world of dirty nappies :)
It sounds like you would be great to contribute to my new blog. Have a look www.amothersecrets.com and tell me if you would like to be part of it. Like I say it is very new and was published just... erm... 12 min ago! can you be newer? :)
Anyway I will be following and you can also find me at www.perfectlyhappymum.com x

Perfectly Happy Mum said...

oops that was the mumsbloggerclub... :) Have a look at the British Mummy Blogger too is is very good too http://britishmummybloggers.ning.com/

A Modern Mother said...

Congrats! I had two prems. I can recommend BMB too!!http://www.britishmummybloggers.co.uk