Sunday 19 July 2009

Feeling better....

....about my weight this week as, although I am still (at least) 2 stone overweight I have been able to fit into some trousers I have not worn since before I became pregnant. And then at fat club I reached my first ‘Silver’ 7 – having lost 7lbs in 7 weeks!! My aim is to have lost another 7lbs by the end of August when I have been invited to a Classic 80’s Rock Night where I will (hopefully) be able to wear my skinny jeans.

I did get quite upset a few weeks ago when I went to the Doctors to discuss the Big C – Contraception – as she had put me on the mini-pill and I had the longest period ever of 23 days until I stopped taking it. I asked whether I could go back onto the combination pill but she said because I was too old and too fat she did not want to risk a stroke. (ok, so she didn't quite say it like that!) The swabs they took all came back negative so it was nothing untoward. I know there are other options but until we have fully ruled out not having a second child I don't want an implant just yet. We have agreed to give it a year before making such a big decision as ‘no more children’……

Back to my age. Went to baby group this week for the second time in two weeks. I had missed out a few because I felt they weren't really of use yet (Dentist, Weaning) and because it has been hard getting up for 10am on a Friday after 3 hourly feeds. Anyway, I am really glad I didn't totally give up on the group as I really enjoyed the last couple of groups and have been chatting to other (really nice) mums. One of the mums told me this week she is 46. She thought she was going through the menopause but instead found she was pregnant. Her daughter is fit and healthy and growing well!!!

No comments: