Saturday 21 February 2009

Nest Building....

Have to say that with only a week left at work the nest building started in ernest this week. Decided that we needed a major de-clutter of what was once the study/spare room in order to turn it into a nursery. Felt very pleased with myself that I was able to send a big box of books and clothes to the charity shop, and there was only a few things that were moved into the loft or thrown out. Am at least trying to be environmentally friendly. And am being helped by a number of friends who have been good enough to give us their old baby stuff. I have been given some maternity clothes and we have got a cot and pram already, and my mother has bought a few clothes. After the Bulls chat with his brother last week I also made a few purchases from Mothercare.com but these were really essentials we shall need straight away. So far we have spent a grand total of £741.65. This includes scans, hospital car park charges, maternity clothes, as well as things for baby. I have written a list of other essentials but shall wait a while before spending any more money - at least til the Bulls payday!!

So, I can honestly say that the Nursery is taking shape, we do have space, and the house is slowly being converted into a child-friendly / welcoming zone!! It does feel strangely calming and the fact that I can feel the baby moving now has reduced at least some of my fears. I still seem to be plagued by thoughts of it being Downs but, as the Bull keeps saying, we have had the test and the 20week scan showed no problems, so there isn't really that much to worry about - but I just can't help it!!

Some may think that it is a bit early (29weeks) to be doing so much preparation. However, I know I am not going to be in a fit state in a few weeks. I am rather large now - having gained well over 2 stone (the scales have broken so I can't see how much!) and can only do so much before having to rest either because I am tired or because something hurts. Thank god I have only 3 days left at work - Monday / Tuesday / Friday - and counting....

No comments: