Sunday 15 February 2009

More Fact Finding

Last week was very busy baby wise. I went to visit Baby Blog 10 - Ella on Wednesday. Her mum confirmed details regarding the use of a sieve in the birthing pool...

Then on Friday I saw the Midwife again. It was time to give my blood. However, I did ask her about my size as so many people have been making the comment that I seem to be rather large for my weeks. Some have even asked whether I am sure there is only one in there!! So, she measured my belly and it was 29 - perfect!! The bloods however, were a different matter as although she said my arms and their veins looked good when it came to taking the blood out it was another matter. No use in my right arm so had to start again on my left. Tried not to notice the amount that I was losing, but I was so glad that The Bull came with me and could drive me home and make me a sweet tea and provide chocolate before I had a little snooze... Must remember to breath next time and of course during the birth!!

One thing the midwife mentioned - which was news to us - was the issue of a Vitamin K injection for the baby at birth. The Bull is convinced it is some kind of David Icke conspiracy but it seems straightforward to me: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/vitamink/

As for the birth of Lucy Rose (The Bulls niece) we know it was a bit traumatic but as yet Daddy has been too tired and Mummy is still in hospital, so the graphic details have yet to be shared!!

No comments: