Sunday 2 December 2007

On the first day of Christmas....

Well, actually its now the 2nd December and I have been neglecting my blog. Following the 'blues' referred to in the last post, I thought it a good idea to go and see my Dr who then referred me to the local Mental Health Team. My initial appointment came through very quickly and I saw a nice lady who suggested I was 'Depressed'. I admit I suffer from anxiety and stress but to be told I am 'depressed' was a bit upsetting as I am one of the most jolly people I know!! Or am I? Anyway, she suggested a number of books that might be helpful and her closing words were to Increase Pleasures and Decrease Responsibilities!! So I am going to try...

I have tried to chill this week and went to see a friend who dyed my eyelashes and gave me a french manicure. More of this I think, as I felt very relaxed!! I was on my own last night so tried to get my house in order for Christmas and read through some of the books etc. that have proved helpful in the past. The main areas I need to focus on at the moment are:
Forget Should and Ought. Just think 'I would like to...'
Concentrate on my self worth and not my achievement.
Express my needs. Eliminate Negatives.
Set lower and more realistic standards.
Prioritise. Don't overload my timetable!
Take time out to exercise and relax.
Look towards the pleasure of success rather than the fear of failure.
And this should lead to a very Merry Christmas!!??

No comments: