Thursday 10 November 2016

Shortest Job Ever?

I made 6 days in total as a Midday Supervisory Assistant.  But after being spoken to by one of the teachers; as if I was one of his Year 6 pupils, I decided not to go back.

I did send an email after the incident explaining what had happened, and I also asked a mummy who husband is a school governor what I should do if I felt there were 'Safeguarding' issues.  This obviously caused concern and meant the Headmistress almost immediately wanted to have a meeting to discuss the issues.  I didn't feel up to returning to work or attending a meeting, but I did send a polite letter outlining what I experienced in my week as MSA and my concerns; including training issues, supervision, MSA responsibilities, First Aid, and mobile phone use.

I am trying not to make a big deal out of it (honestly), but obviously there are other parents who love a bit of gossip and tried to make a big deal of it.  I just want to pretend it never happened; although I am glad I sent the letter and do feel that the Headmistress has taken my concerns on board.

I just hope this won't hinder any future job prospects!!

No comments: