Friday 4 November 2016

Mummy is your new Dinner Lady!!

After a number of different interviews for various jobs, I decided to apply to be a Midday Supervisory Assistant at Jamie's school.  The interview was with the Headmistress and the Administration Assistant.

The questions were a series of scenarios with regards to what could happen during a dinner hour and what my response should be. i.e. a child hits a their head at lunc, what do you do?  What would you do if a parent approached you in Asda about a situation at school (I also got asked this at another interview within a school), what would you do if a child came to school with mouldy sandwiches (this was a safeguarding question).

The interview went very well and I started on the day back after Half Term.  The first few days I was shadowing one of the TA's who also works as a MSA.  My class will be a Year 6 class.  The first half of lunch is looking after a classroom full of students while they eat their lunch.  The second half of lunch; after cleaning up the classroom, is to go with the class onto the playground with the rest of KS2 and Jamie and his pals.

No comments: