Thursday 12 November 2015

Where Did My Baby Go?

Jamie is six and a half now and has grown up so quickly!

Last night we had what I would call our first 'serious' telling off.

Daddy suggested we all play children's Monopoly (which is to be recommended for this age!) and all was fine until Daddy landed on the 'Haunted House' and decided he wanted to buy it!  Apparently, there is a rule that only Jamie can buy the Haunted House.  And another rule to say that Jamie must always win!

So, he suddenly got up and said 'I'm Bored. I don't want to play this game any more'.  So mummy told him to go to bed.

He screamed and screamed and my heart broke.  I was taken back to when I used to scream and cry like that when I was a child.  I hated listening to him, but knew that he would not learn his lesson unless I left him there!

But I could not leave him very long, so crept into the darkness and sat on the bed and calmly explained why we told him off.  

He is getting to that stage now where he is acting a bit spoilt,  Of course, I know we have been very soft with him and do spoil him, but I find it soooo hard to tell him off / say no / upset him. 

He will always be my baby.

No comments: