Wednesday 9 April 2014

Jamie's 5th Birthday Party Debrief.....

You would have thought that once I got to Jamie's 5th birthday, organising a party would be a doddle!  Unfortunately, this was not the case.  I followed the notes I have made regarding Jamie's previous parties (see: http://grumpymumtobe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/superheroes-party_10.html and http://grumpymumtobe.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/pirate-party.html )  but still felt exhausted.  I missed the help of Auntie Chrissie......

Mind you, Jamie and his friends had a fantastic time - and that is all that really matters!

 
(Brilliant Pirates of the Caribbean Castle from: www.bendysbouncers.com/ ) 
 
I think what made it so different and slightly more stressful this year was the fact that we invited children (and parents) that we didn't really know.   This year I invited 15 from Jamie's class.  In total we had 31 children and 31 adults in attendance!
 
And what I wasn't prepared for was a couple of the parents leaving their children at the party and then disappearing.  Who is responsible for them?  And while I was running around trying to sort out a million other questions; "Can I have some juice?",  "Where are the toilets?",  "Shall I start the hot dogs?" (thanks mum) there was suddenly a need to contact one of the boys dads as he was getting very upset!  So it seemed to fall to ME to be responsible! 
 
The cost of this years party was just under £300.  This figure includes hall hire, bouncy castle, food and drink, decorations, loot bags and goodies, cake etc. 
 
Will we hire the hall again next year?  Watch this space...... 
 
 

No comments: