Tuesday 13 November 2012

Another Day, Another School Visit

After visiting our favourite school with Nicola and Will last week, I told them about another open day taking place at a school just outside our town boundary.   The mother of Jamie's friend Harry, from Baby Signing, is a teacher there, and she had told us about it.  As Nicola and Will wanted to have a look around, we decided to go with them - just for a look!

I was glad that Jamie and I did join them for the afternoon.  It was a lovely school and it certainly deserves its good reputation.  We were shown around by one of the school governors who certainly knew his stuff. 

While looking round we saw a couple of Jamie's friends.  I do worry that he won't know anyone at his chosen school, but then I don't know where any of his friends parents have decided on as yet.  I have exchanged so many text messages with other mummy's on this subject, but I can't choose a school just because his friends are going there!!

Other than being quite a distance from our house (although not a million miles away) the other worry I had with this particular school was the fact that the infants and juniors are separate schools.  The only thing that links them (according to the governor) is the boiler.  This means that we would have to apply to attend the junior school once Jamie got to the final year of infants.  I don't suppose this would be too much of a problem, but the junior school has a different headmaster, board of governor's, and possibly an entirely different philosophy!!

No comments: