Friday 16 March 2012

Pox Over....

It took well over a week but the pox eventually left us. Because of Nursery refusing to take Jamie while the spots were still red I ended up taking two days off work; which meant I was not at work for a whole week. On my return I was told that I would not be paid for these two days as I claimed for Wednesday and Thursday and Jamie had had the Pox since the Sunday which means I had ample time to find someone to look after him. Unfortunately I didn't, but not being paid doesn't really matter now as while Jamie was sick I did manage to go to an interview. I have to admit to being less than prepared as I had hardly slept the night before; as Jamie had been very grumpy, but I must have done something right as they offered me the job!!

Unfortunately, they want me to start on Jamie's birthday. I would have asked for the day off if I had still been in my current job but I didn't like to say no. I don't think Jamie will mind as I am currently trying to do some last minute preparations for his Pirate Party which takes place the weekend before his birthday and daddy is going to have the day off with him anyway.

No comments: