Friday 16 December 2011

The Art of Present Hiding?

Went to visit Vicky and Indie to exchange presents and, other than the one Jamie had received from Santa at North Scarle, he had not really been given one. Consequently, as soon as he knew it was for him he wanted to 'hold it'. That was fine in the car. When we got back I explained that the present would need to go under the tree until Christmas day. That all seemed fine and understood. However, as I was in the kitchen I heard a 'Wow, Peppa Pig!' and returned to find said present unwrapped. I told Jamie he should not have opened it and he burst into tears. I then told him he should not have done it, but now that he had, why didn't we open it up? I didn't want to ruin the magic..... We opened the present and had a play for a while, but then it was time for Peppa on the TV so I managed to hide the present away. A few days later I was able to re-wrap the present and he never mentioned it again.

Another 'near miss' was one morning when nanna dropped off some presents she had been keeping for me at hers. She left them in the front porch for me to move them when an opportunity arose. Unfortunately, the postman came and wanted a signature and Jamie (being Jamie) came to have a look what was going on. Again 'Wow. Want to play'. I quickly moved him out of the way and soon distracted him with something else - probably 'Advent Choc Choc'.

No comments: