Monday 11 July 2011

Sometimes you just have to be selfish...

What with us all being so sick last week, and having the trauma with my teeth the week before, I really have not had any time at all for myself. And then I foolishly agreed to work two 4 day weeks as we are so short staffed. The weekend came and was a wonderful blur of children's parties. Saturday it was our God-daughters 6th birthday party at Rand Farm www.randfarmpark.com/ and then Sunday it was Jo's Christening and he had a lovely party at www.woodcockspub.co.uk/ Jamie was laughing and smiling all weekend and so were mummy and daddy. We were all very tired Sunday evening and I am afraid I had a bit of a melt down....So Monday morning ran work and told them I could not get a baby sitter to cover.

After only two hours of peace and quiet I felt myself beginning to chill. Letting Nanna have Jamie in the morning and then letting Granddad play in the afternoon meant I had a few hours to clear the clutter - both in the house and in my brain! It also made me determined to only stick to 3 days max at work from now on and appreciate the time I have with Jamie.

No comments: