Sunday 5 June 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I felt a bit guilty last week for having a day off work and still sending Jamie to Nursery, but the jobs I got completed and the sense of achievement at the end of the day made me realise it was a good thing for all of us and I should not feel bad about having time to myself.

This week however, mummy has not had as much time for herself, but I don't feel quite as hassled as I know I was on top of things only last week!! And it means I have been able to throw myself into days out with Jamie without worrying that I have not done something I should have done!

Last weekend I did have a day to myself when I went to a couple of writing workshops as part of the Lincoln Hay Day. Due to Jamie having an early nap this morning I have been able to write them up for my other blog http://theonlyconsequence.blogspot.com/ and send a few 'networking' emails to people I met on the day. Monday this week was a very wet Bank Holiday and we had to abandon any idea of a BarBQ but cousin Noah still came for a play. The rest of the week has been half term for the older children which meant on Tuesday we had an afternoon out at the park with Emily, Ella, Lauren, Jo and Jodie. Not forgetting little Elliott. Jamie loves the park, but mummy is still having little panic attacks...

And then yesterday Nicola and Will had a last minute play date here in the bright sunshine. We only organised it Friday evening, but I had enough time to go to ASDA and purchase a sand pit for the boys to play in. We even had time to pay a quick visit to Trudy to discuss her hen night next weekend, and a quick visit to see Kerry and the girls and get wet in their pool, before having a quick nap and then getting ready for more fun!! Nicola brought an inflatable pool and with the sunshine it could not have been a more perfect day. Perhaps if they had not thrown so much sand at us.....

And this afternoon we are off to the Village Green / Park for an afternoon with the City of Lincoln band who are performing in the new performance area.

No comments: