Tuesday 5 October 2010

Look at the state of my house!!

I spent a few days last week giving the house a damn good clean. Nanna took Jamie out and I managed to clean all the floors (we have wooden floors throughout). Cousin Lucy was supposed to be visiting at the weekend and this was the spark but once I got started.... However, the weekend came and went and Uncle Dean was ill so they did not make it but as for my tidy house - what happened?

One big excuse I have is that Jamie is showing an early aversion to anything domestic (typical male!) in that he cries when either the lawnmover or hoover start, and he simply will not have me washing up as he pulls me away from the sink whenever I start!! Then there is the phrase; 'two steps forward and one step back' which seems to aptly sum up my cleaning when Jamie is about! He loves carrying his toys around from one room to another and throwing anything in a basket (toys, DVDs, mum's paperwork etc.) onto the floor. He loves opening and emptying drawers at the moment (especially my jewellery drawer), but still loves his old favourite; pulling all the CDs off the rack. And as for music to clean by - which I find always helps - Jamie has found the pause button and loves pausing any CD you play. Pause. Play. Pause. Play. Pause - get it? Jamie thinks it is a brilliant game!!

Saying all that, the house does feel fresher and as we suddenly had a free weekend we did manage to sort the garden out ready for the autumn. This meant putting away a lot of Jamie's toys and we wonder will he want them in the spring or will he have grown out of them?

Purchase of the Month: Little Wellington Boots for Jamie to slip on and off as we go outside into the damp garden. No more soggy trainers!!

No comments: