Thursday 10 June 2010

Come back to me in a year....

Talking of friends with new babies, there are a few friends around who are also carrying babies at the present time. A few weeks ago I met up with a group of old work mates and one of these showed us her 12week scan photo. But after that the night went downhill...... Two of us had babies (the other one heavily pregnant) and so we tried to give the newly pregnant friend some advice about the coming months ahead and ideas on things to buy and not to buy; how to save money, feel better etc etc. But I am afraid she did not want to hear about us and our experiences and everything seemed to be met with a snort of derision!! I was very upset and could not wait to leave. Although I did enjoy seeing the other girls, I don't think I shall be wasting my precious time meeting up with them all again. Not perhaps until after the baby is born when she will realise all her nice, perfectly laid plans and dreams are just that!!

I did discuss the evening with another friend who knew newly pregnant and I remembered that she had started the evening (before her announcement) by having a bit of a go at me about not meeting up over the last year or so. I admitted I have been slack with meeting the girls but, as I said to her, its difficult once you have a baby to predict with any certainty whether or not you will make all the events in your diary. She seems to be convinced her life will stay pretty much the same......Come back to me in a year.

No comments: