Tuesday 27 April 2010

12month Check (ish)

Daddy has been a bit worried lately about a lump he says he found on the back of Jamie's head. I could never find it but I though - just to be sure - I would take him to the Doctors. Although when I rang the receptionist said they don't do 12month checks (apparently some surgeries do) I am pleased to say that I felt like we had had one!

The lump is one of Jamie's Lymph G;lands and so perfectly normal. According to: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Lymph-Glands-Swollen.htm Small lymph glands (sometimes called lymph nodes) occur throughout the body. Lymph glands that are near each other often form into groups or chains. Examples of where lymph glands group together are: the sides of the neck, the armpits, and the groins. Lymph glands are joined together by a network of lymph channels. Lymph is a fluid that forms between the cells of the body. This watery fluid travels in the lymph channels, through various lymph glands and eventually drains into the bloodstream. Lymph and lymph glands are major parts of the immune system. They contain white blood cells (lymphocytes) and antibodies that defend the body against infection. Daddy has always had similar lumps all over his body so it must be hereditary.

I also mentioned Jamie's head shaking; which seems to have started up again. She said not to draw attention to it or it would become a way of gaining attention. She asked how he was feeding and said it was important to make sure he had a varied diet. She watched him crawl across the floor and seemed very happy with him. I mentioned that we had tried him on full fat cows milk instead of his usual formulae and that it had given him hiccups. She suggested keeping him on the formulae for a little while longer before trying again.

Now that Jamie is One Year it seems that there are a lot of changes happening. We do not necessarily have to sterilise his bottles - although I am aware they still need to be thoroughly cleaned in HOT water - but I am still a bit apprehensive about the changes. I know he should be feeding himself (or at least attempting) but so far this has not happened. And I still find it difficult to clean his teeth every day....

Finally, she asked if I was going to have another one....

No comments: