Saturday 20 February 2010

Snotty Week

Been a bit of a bad week for both of us. Not just because of the generally ill / tired feeling that comes with a cold, but also because we missed baby signing, a play date with the twins as well as a long awaited swimming trip with the girls. I was really upset about the swimming as I wanted to try out Jamie in his arm bands and see which nappies and trunks fitted him. I hope we don't have to wait til we go to Center Parcs in May (13 weeks and counting) before we get a chance to go swimming again.

I am conscious that mummy is not loosing weight very quickly. I think it is slowly coming off but only at a rate of about a pound every 2-3 weeks. I know this is chiefly because I have been unable to do any exercise. This is because 1) I am too tired in an evening to make it to the gym 2) It is still incredibly cold out there! Snow again this morning. Jamie has had another night this week when he ended up in our bed because of the cold, but since the plumber looked at his radiator it is certainly warmer in there in the day.

I ended up ringing the doctor this week about Jamie and it wasn't due to the green goo coming out of his nose, but rather the cradle cap that appeared on his head. www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/cradlecap2.shtml I spotted the yellow-brown scales on his head on Tuesday morning and spoke to the doctor in the afternoon who suggested rubbing Olive Oil on it and then washing his hair vigorously a few hours later. That seemed to do the trick. We actually think it was caused by the warm, snuggly nights he spent in bed with us during the cold snap.

No comments: