Friday 27 July 2018

Whitby

After Scarborough, we moved along the coast to Whitby.  Here we stayed at The Glenora Guest House.  Highly recommended (although I did miss my bath!).  The proprietors - Paul and Julia - could not do enough for us, and Jamie could not get over Julia remembering his name at breakfast!  They were even good enough to send my keys back home (first class) after I left them behind (silly mummy).



The first morning at Breakfast we asked where might be good to go on the beach.  The couple opposite us said they were going fossilling.  So we followed them to Sandsend; which was more than just fossils!  There was a pool that appeared as the tide went out which was very safe for the children to play in.  We bought a dinghy from 'Tides Beach Shop' conveniently placed, and I settled down to read Dracula while daddy did some rowing....



No comments: