Friday 6 January 2017

Christmas Hamper

Prior to Christmas, Jamie's school had a Christmas Jumper / Funny Hair Day, See: http://grumpymumtobe.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/christmas-jumper-funny-hair-day.html

As part of this, children were asked to contribute something to the class hamper in exchange for not wearing school uniform.  Jamie took a box of Roses.  The hampers were then made up with all the donations, and were given as prizes in the Christmas raffle; in aid of the Friends of The School.

The raffle prizes were drawn the day before the last day of the Christmas term, during a carol concert that was held in the Key Stage 2 playground.  It was also the day that Santa came and Jamie was really pleased with his present; a History Quest Book.  Jamie and I stayed for an hour or so; singing carols, but it was very cold and there weren't any of Jamie's friends there, so we left.

A couple of days into the term and there is a message on my mobile phone to say can I ring the school - which is always worrying.  Luckily it was to tell me I had won a raffle prize!  I am not sure which class the hamper came from.  It wasn't Jamie's class.  But it was a lovely surprise.  Only trouble is, we are all overweight after Christmas and I could really have done with the prize before Christmas.  Oh well, diet starts after the birthdays..... 

No comments: