Friday 28 October 2016

School of Rock

Jamie attended a 'School of Rock' workshop on Friday run by the Lincoln New Youth Theatre.  The main reason being that Daddy's original piano teacher is now part of the teaching staff.  Unfortunately he wasn't there on the day.  
 
The advert promised Enjoy a fun-filled day learning and developing new dance & theatre skills, but I was disappointed that there was no 'show' at the end as there had been with the previous workshop Jamie did (run by a different group).  In fact, when I picked him up they were playing a 'singing' game, but I would not say it was exactly a theatre production!!
 
Initially I hated leaving him as he was sat all on his own.  He did see a year 4 girl from his school who he sat with to begin with, but she left him when some of her other friends arrived.  I waited til they started playing the first game (a bit of an introduction game) and then sneaked out, but was worried about him all day.  As usual, I need not have worried, as when I arrived he seemed to be in the thick of it - although he wasn't exactly 'dancing'.
 
When I asked if Jamie preferred this one or the previous one, he said he preferred the  other one.  Sorry New Youth Theatre.

No comments: