Sunday 26 June 2016

More Hospital Visits for Mummy

This time it was 'lady problems'.  Went to the Drs as I had been bleeding. The Dr did an internal and referred me urgently to the hospital.  Before my hospital appointment however, I went to see the nurse to have some swabs done to check for possible infection.  After struggling to find my cervix she then commented she could see a polyp.

For Information: Cervical polyps are small, elongated tumors that grow on the cervix. The cervix is the narrow canal at the bottom of the uterus that extends into the vagina. Polyps are fragile structures that grow from stalks rooted on the surface of the cervix or inside of the cervical canal. If someone has polyps, usually only one polyp is present, and two or three at most. In rare cases, polyps represent an early phase of cervical cancer. Removing them helps reduce this risk. www.healthline.com/health/cervical-polyps

A week later I had a hospital appointment and was lucky that my friend agreed to come with me.  The Dr did an internal - which was very painful.  It felt like a very, very bad period pain.  I swear I could feel her inside. Awful!  Before she did this, the nurse with her asked if I wanted to hold her hand; emphasising how painful it would be.  I said I was fine.  I feel I am quite invincible after having the two spinal ops.

After the internal, the Dr said she was going to remove the polyp, and that it would be quick.  Again, the nurse asked if I wanted to hold her hand.  All was ok til I opened my eyes and looked across at the exact time when I should not have!!  The Dr had my polyp in a small pot.  I could see it all bloody and gunky, and that was it......I was on the deck (or rather I would have been if I had not been lying on the bed already!) 

As I said, I was lucky my friend came with me! I did take a few days off work afterwards, as I felt very tender.  And then I had to wait for my results from the Biopsy.  This took longer than I would have liked but all was fine!!

No comments: