Wednesday 30 December 2015

Post Christmas Party 2015

As cousin Jon and his family were back from Australia from Boxing Day til New Year I decided to organise a party for the week in-between.   As it turned out, it was better than it was, as this meant my back had longer to recover.  I wasn't back to 100%. I could certainly feel it and wasn't about to lift any tables, but (with a few painkillers) it was bearable!

Not only Jon and his family, but we invited friends and family and I think we had in total 43 adults and 25 children - and that was more than enough!!

Unfortunately, we could not have the usual hall as it was closed, so we hired the village hall in the next village.  This was a little smaller than we are used to, but we still managed to have the usual bouncy castle.

We got Jamies daddy's band to play; which may have been a bit loud, but it got people singing and dancing and gave everyone a chance to see Daddy play!

As in previous years, we asked everyone to bring something for the buffet and a monetary contribution towards the hall hire / castle.  I think it was well received.  I certainly had a good time, but my back was glad when it was over...

No comments: