Saturday 23 May 2015

Poorly Jamie

Had to have a couple of days off school this week as Jamie was really ill.  He had a raging temperature and kept saying he had a poorly tummy.  He was also very tired.  There was some sickness and on the Tuesday morning I got so worried that I rang 111.  She calmed my fears and said it was probably a virus and to keep him hydrated.  It hung about for a while though; over a week, which meant missing a few events, but I wanted to make sure he was well.

There were a few other mums reporting similar symptoms on Facebook and one mum mentioned  'Slapped Face Syndrome'.  I had not thought the rash was anything to do with his temperature etc.  www.webmd.boots.com/children/guide/slapped-cheek-syndrome which seemed to fit all the criteria.   So glad he is better.  Xx

No comments: