Tuesday 4 March 2014

Party Organisation . Sometimes its hard....

Jamie has been so excited about his forthcoming party, and last night helped me to write a number of the envelopes.  Well, he wrote the first letter so mummy could write the rest of the names.....

This morning, we left for school early so that he could give them out.

So excited:  'Can I take Joseph's'? 'Where is Isabells'  etc. 

Jamie gave out about 5/6 before deciding he wanted to sit at the drawing table!!

Some children were very casual about the invite (Miss Popular), and some very excited; shouting about the invite and asking lots of questions....

Then 'Where is Eleanor's invite?'
'Sorry Jamie, we have not invited her'

The poor little girl then watched as I put the rest of the invitations in each of the respective drawers, but not hers.  I felt awful.   Took me right back to being at school myself. 

(I have explained why we cannot invite all the class and have told him if any can't come, there will obviously be places for other children.  But I also reminded him that when I asked him who he wanted to invite, he never mentioned Eleanor!)

First party where we have invited children and parents we don't really know.

What have I let myself in for?

No comments: