Thursday 13 February 2014

Parent Consultation - Feb 2014

Daddy and I went to see Miss C to discuss Jamie and his progress and once again we came away quite pleased.  I asked about his writing position; as there are photographs on the classroom wall of the different styles, but there were no worries in  this respect.   I said that we always did his homework with him, but were worried about his attention span.  Miss C didn't seem to think it was out of the ordinary!

Last set of targets cracked  - see: http://grumpymumtobe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/jamies-targets.html - with only a slight worry about getting himself dressed.  We still have days when he comes home after doing PE with his trousers on back to front, and his shoes on the wrong feet!, but the other targets seem to have been hit.  So time for some new ones....

Literacy - Writing
I can talk confidently about different subjects.
I can say a sentence.
I can hear the initial sounds in words and have a go at writing them independently.
I can write labels for pictures when working with an adult.

Literacy - Reading
I can read all the set one sounds from phonics alone and in words.
I can build words with set one sounds in.
I can read words with set one sounds in.

Maths - Number
I can order, read and write numbers to 20.
I can add and subtract with numbers to 20.
I know my 'Learn Its' off by heart.

Maths - Shape
I recognise and can name a variety of 2D and 3D shapes.
I am beginning to describe the properties of shapes.

I promised Jamie that if he had been good he could have a treat.  And Miss C confirmed there had been no instances of Jamie having to stand on the Black Spot!!  Of course he chose McDonalds.   I was a bit disappointed with the Happy Meal as it was not a piece of Lego (and it was advertising the new LEGO movie) but rather a plastic cup - although Jamie was impressed with the hologram!

No comments: