Tuesday 15 May 2012

Chattering Away

Jamie is a right little chatterbox - I wonder who he gets that from!?  All of a sudden we are having proper conversations.  We sat on the swing outside last week and it was squeaking as we moved backwards and forwards.  'Whats that noise?' Jamie asked. I said it had a squeak.  'Like a mouse?' he asked. Wonderful!!

He has also learnt how to ask for things; 'I want something', 'I want to go somewhere', 'Let's go in the kitchen mummy'.  A lot of the time he will give us a running commentary on what he is doing 'I am putting this there', 'Zebra is coming too,' etc.

And nearly every morning when I tell him we are off to Nursery, he replies: 'I am staying here'.  Although Jamie loves it when he gets there, we still have the occasional tears and Mummy still hates leaving him.

What is amazing is that he uses the correct tenses.  How did he learn that?

No comments: