Wednesday 19 October 2011

Mummy at Two and a Half

Other than the Dr ringing yesterday to say that my cholesterol check was 6.7 and had not much changed from the last time, I feel fine! I am not too worried about the result as yet. The Dr said it was not serious enough to start any drugs as yet, and I think the reading may have been wrong as I did have a small cup of tea....

Since the day of the test however, I have started Weight Watchers and am certainly feeling the benefit. So far I have lost 7.5lbs in 7 weeks so am on track to lose a stone by Christmas if I can continue to be good!! (www.weightwatchers.co.uk/) I think some of this weight loss is also due to the Zumba class that I have started on a Monday evening which I thoroughly enjoy.

I have once again been suffering with my back and decided to go for a series of treatments at the local Chiropractor. I do feel they benefited me physically but not so financially at £29.50 a time!

I have found myself being a Grumpy Mummy sometimes and I truly hate that. I have had a couple of major moodies and I know I have a short temper but it seems to be even shorter. I feel irritable and overwhelmed. I am beginning to wonder whether it is the implant in my arm causing these mood swings. Of course, it could simply be the time of year, work being a bit unpredictable and me just being me. However, I found a number of sites that discussed side effects of the implant and it seems women have suffered from mood swings, depression and even panic attacks following their implants. Mine was inserted on the 6th September so I shall re-assess how I feel at the beginning of December to see if I get any worse..... For the time being, its back to trying to relax....

I still hate leaving Jamie; especially on a Wednesday after we have had 4 days together, but I know he loves Nursery or I would not take him. It was hard the other week when we said; ‘Stay home mummy’. And of course the money from work comes in handy!! Work has been a bit stressful lately due to staffing issues and not knowing what will happen after my contract ends in December, but it’s not really the work, more my take on it. I must learn to relax and not take it too seriously! I intend to stick to my 20hours contract for the time being and not do any overtime.

I have found more time for my writing and although I joined a book group I decided that was one step too far. I have loads of books that I actually want to read rather than reading them for a group. Sundays nights are also the night where we can get everything ready for the week ahead so me going out puts a spanner in the works...

I look at Jamie and know that every day time with him is precious.

No comments: