Wednesday 8 September 2010

Decade of Doom

Went for the results of my NHS Health Check this week. Once you enter the 'Decade of Doom' as Sophie's dad calls it, you are now invited for a check up. This consists of a series of blood tests to check your heart, kidneys, risk of stroke, diabetes etc. They also look at your weight and exercise levels. It seems I have high cholesterol and my blood pressure was slightly raised. This means all my talk of healthy eating and exercise needs to start NOW! We have given ourselves a cut off of Christmas for getting pregnant. So for the next 3 months I (we) are going to try our best to be healthy. We need to do it for Jamie's future as well as our own (and any tiny baby that might come along!) This weekend I have arranged a 'Yummy Mummy' night and am driving, so we shall see how that goes!!

1 comment:

JoBo said...

Thanks to Kate, who sent the following email:
I have just remembered something about cholesterol. I know two people who have high cholesterol and one of them eats loads of tuna as that reduces it and the other one drinks red wine. Both of theirs are inherited conditions but I think tuna and wine still help to bring it down. Good Luck XX