Friday 20 August 2010

Glad thats over...

Yesterday I had my first real interview in about 10 years. The last 'real' interview I had was when I worked at the Police HQ. After I left there, the two jobs I had started as temp jobs and the interviews were more like chats. Yesterday certainly felt more than a chat; especially as I had an 'exercise' to complete before the actual interview. But I think I did better than I had expected. I gave myself a 7 out of 10 and now I am trying not to think about it and move on to the next application - which I have just emailed off....

It has been 8 weeks since I left the Library Service and I think I do miss the routine of having a job to go to. Of course the money is another factor that we are missing, but I do believe that the more you do, the more you get done and I feel the last 8 weeks have been a bit flat....

Not that I don't like being at home with Jamie, but I feel he gets a bit fed up with me all the time. Saying that, we are lucky that I have been not working while the schools are closed over the summer, so we have been able to do a lot of things with other children - both older than Jamie and also ones who have teachers for parents and who we don't see that much of!! And of course we have been lucky that Daddy had 2 weeks off with us during those 8 weeks.

In the last 8 weeks we have been swimming with Ella and Emily - which Jamie loved. It was the first time Jamie wore arm bands and to start with he kept taking them off but I think when he saw Ella had hers on, he didn't seem to mind so much. And he didn't mind the girls splashing him - in fact, he laughed so much it was a joy to see!! It was also great that when he got water in his mouth he didn't seem to be too upset about it. He didn't cry. He just spluttered a bit and then carried on. We had a lovely time and I hope to go next week with them before the girls go back to school. We were also supposed to go swimming with Sophie and her mum but that had to be cancelled as Nanna was ill.

I have taken Jamie to DramaBugs as well as Baby Signing - although these both cost money. It is nice to see other children on a 'Play Date' instead. We had hoped to go to the Sure Start Center last week (as the sessions are free) and meet Oliver and Megan, but Jamie decided to go for his nap just before we were due to meet!!

And of course we now have Noah all day on a Monday, as his Grandad has had an operation on his foot and isn't able to look after him in a morning at the moment. Nanna has been helping though so it hasn't been too difficult. Jamie and Noah do seem to enjoy playing together and the 5 months age difference seems to get less noticeable every time they meet. Noah is just about walking now!!

So, fingers crossed for the next week or so as we wait for the outcome from my interview but time to organise a few more play dates for Jamie...

1 comment:

JoBo said...

Gutted! Didn't get the job. Looks like a few more playdates to be organised!!