Sunday 9 March 2008

It's been a weird old week

Starting of course with Mothers Day on Sunday; which was really nice. The company was better than the food. My brothers wife and his father in law came along with me and my mum. Having only recently lost my brothers mother in law, I thought it might be a bit upsetting but we ended up talking and laughing about both her and my father.

Monday came around and by then I was 4 days late with my period so went and did a test which came back negative. Unfortunately, I then began to feel very sick and by tea time I was throwing up at hourly intervals. This lasted all through the night. This meant I spent Tuesday in bed and most of Wednesday, until I got my appetite back and had to drag myself to the shop for some chocolate's and crisps!! Thursday arrived and still no period so another test was purchased which also came back negative. Then started to worry as had a niggly pain that I had just about convinced myself to be a baby....

Consequently, I ended up in A&E seeing the On Call Dr. She was very good; took my blood pressure, temperature, pulse and checked my urine. A third negative test!! Left feeling better and went straight to the pub!! Note to self: Best time to go to A&E is 6.30pm - hardly anyone waiting and was straight in and out!!

Next morning rang the Gyne secretary and told her about my trip.....she looked through the appointments and has booked my operation in for the 30th April. Now I really have got something to worry about!!!

No comments: